Sunday 3 August 2014

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Operating System: PC/Mac/XboX/PS3
Website: Official Website

Rating: 7/10
Comments: This game. My god. I was so impressed with this. I really enjoy detective games, but they never really get them right. This game did. This is one of the best detective games I've played since Law&Order or Sherlock Holmes.

Let's begin by saying that the graphics are amazing. The cutscenes are like watching a movie like all next-gen games. I didn't expect to like it, but I loved the main character Ronan. He's such a gansta with swag, cracked me up. The main problem I had was that there seemed to be a lot of repeated character models, so I would be constantly confused by the random ghosts and NPCs wandering around thinking that they were Rex or Julia when they weren't.

The demons in this game were goddamn terrifying. That shrill cry they make when they first appear or when they spot you terrified me. Made me jump on more than one occasion. I did get more than frustrated with trying to dodge them though, ended up not being so sneaky and running through a whole bunch of them and getting killed more than once.

The other downside was that there was no in-game map and so I kept getting lost absolutely everywhere. Salem town is bloody huge too so that was fun, running around for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of a back alley I had ran into.  I was also then disappointed by the lack of being able to fast travel anywhere (like a teleport save spot) because running around wasted a lot of time and took too long.

I liked the plot twist. I liked how it starts off as you trying to find out who killed you and ends up being a whole conspiracy of horrible murders and tragedies. At least it wrapped up nicely and had a good ending, if it had a bad one I don't think my heart could have taken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment